Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Yesterday after work I took Ava to gymnastics practice.  While she was there I started wrapping her "Santa gifts"!  I am going to wrap a few each time I am home alone so we aren't stressed out on Christmas eve wrapping a bunch of gifts.  I am almost officially done shopping!!  I am SO happy.  I have to get my Mom's birthday present (her birthday is on Christmas day!) and I have to get one more present for a friend.

 I am completely finished shopping for Brock and Ava!!  Things have been a lot easier this year for Christmas.  Graig and I are not exchanging gifts instead we are getting a big flat screen tv for our living room.  We are re-doing Brock's room as his big gift and Ava wanted American girl doll stuff so I ordered that online.  I exhanged gifts with my side of the family when Brock and I went to Illinois for Thanksgiving and Graig takes care of his side of the family. 

Last night after I picked Ava up from gymnastics we went to meet my interns for our end of the semester dinner.  We had a great time.  They have worked SOO hard this semester so it was nice just to be able to relax and share a meal together!  They got me some nice gifts which I was not expecting at all!  They are really sweet!  I took some pictures from my i-phone, sorry about the terrible quality

My interns Amanda, Jason and Sami with Ava. 



They got me some berries and cinnamon sticks so I put them in this candle holder.  They smell SOOOO good!!


They also got me some adorable boxes which I put in our living room!  Yes those are Roman Shades and yes they were a part of the huge recall, I counted and we have 20 of them in our house!  I am going to have to call and get that repair kit soon!!



When we got home I spent a little time organizing my make-up (exciting life I lead, I know-ha ha) I use Bare Minerals and they are sooo messy!!  My sister got me this cute Longaberger basket as part of my Christmas gifts this year so I am going to keep my bare minerals make up in this basket. 



And since I was taking pictures here is Ava with her American Girls Dolls Emma and Allison.  She loves them so much!  They go everywhere with us!  You can't tell in this picture but they have little Ugg boots that I got at a craft show for $5 each, they are adorable!!


Tonight I am going to watch in his last 7th grade basketball game and then I am going out to dinner with some friends!  It will be a fun night!

2 comments:

Janna said...

I wish I were almost done Christmas shopping. I have yet to buy a single present. Ava looks cute cuddled up with her dolls.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It looks like you and the kids are having a great time. That's what Christmas is all about. Hugs, Marty