Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Candles and Ava's cookie party

Sunday Ava had her cookie party!  This is the second year she has had one.  Last year I went all out with cute cookie containers and fancy sprinkles and other cookie decorations.  You can read about last year's cookie party here and here.  This year we invited more kids and siblings of her friends so we had way more people but it was less fancy.  I think it was more fun this year!    I did make some snacks but we also ordered pizza for lunch.  I only took a few pictures of the party this year but you can see Ava and her friends had a great time!










I also took out the ornaments that I had in these glass hurricanes and added fresh cranberries.  I got the idea from another blog and I did a post about it here. I had fresh cranberries in another candle that I had out last Christmas and they lasted a long time so I think these will last until at least New Years and by then I am sure I will want to change them again anyway!






I also love these little snowflake candle holders that I got from Crate and Barrel. I think they look so sweet on our dining room table.



And last but not least a picture of our dog Cotton!  Ava took this picture and I found it when I was uploading pictures.   He looks so handsome in his little sweater.  He wears this all winter because he HATES putting clothes on-ha ha!  So he will wear this until spring.




Happy Tuesday!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like the party was a lot of fun!! I love those candle holders!

Dana said...

Hello. I just wanted to say hi, as I stopped by your blog. I noticed it because I have an "Ava" also. Was just looking at your cookie party post. We also have a little Maltese that looks just like yours, ours is named Sophie. My blog is www.beaniebirdie.blogspot.com
Have a good day!
Dana

Janna said...

It looks like everyone had a good time at the cookie party. I love the cranberries with the white candles!