Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Getting to know me-Christmas style!

I saw this on another blog and I thought it would be fun to do this! I can't believe Christmas is two days away!! Christmas is my favorite time of year, I can't wait to start celebrating, we all have work/school tomorrow and then our Christmas vacation starts on Christmas Eve! We can't wait!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I prefer to use gift bags but Graig loves to see the kids unwrap their presents on Christmas morning so we use paper.
2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial, I have 5 of them up in our house. You can see our trees this year here.
3. When do you put up the tree?
I like to put it up the day after Thanksgiving, this year we traveled to see my family on Thanksgiving so I put my trees up the weekend before Thanksgiving! It was SO nice to come home and have everything already decorated.
4. Do you like eggnog?
No, blech I hate it!!
5. Favorite gift received as a child?
My cabbage patch dolls and a set of twin dolls that came in a wicker basket with extra clothes, bottles, diapers, etc. I LOVED those twin dolls!!
6. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, I have several but I only have one out this year. I rotate them. I also got a new one this year when I was visiting my family in Illinois!
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My Dad! My sister and I usually go together to get his gift. Last year we got him a GPS and this year we got him an engraved pocket watch.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
My sister Shelby!! We have similar tastes so she is SO fun to buy for!!
9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail!! I LOVE getting cards in the mail!!
10. Favorite Christmas movie?
Christmas Vacation is SO funny!! I watch that over and over during the holidays!! It's a great movie!!
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I shop year all year round when I see things I think people will like.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
I love going to parties and eating all the appetizers that everyone makes, I also love Christmas cookies!! Umm, no wonder I ALWAYS gain weight during the holidays-ha ha!!
13. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree?
I like clear and Brock and Ava like colored so we have both!
14. Favorite Christmas song?
Silent Night
15. Travel or stay home at Christmas?
I like to stay home on Christmas; if we travel we usually go at Thanksgiving. I think it's important for Brock and Ava to be at home on Christmas morning.
16. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
I think so...of course Rudolph is my favorite!!
17. Angel on tree top or star?
We have a star on top of our main Christmas tree
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Morning?
We open one on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning!
19. The most annoying thing about this time of year?
I think that people always seemed stressed out (including me!!) We should all relax and enjoy the holiday season; it only comes around once a year! The Shabby Chic Cottage had a great post on this topic today
20. What I love most about Christmas?
I love EVERYTHING the lights, the parties, the presents, going to church on Christmas Eve, being so excited about seeing Brock and Ava open their presents on Christmas morning that I'm usually too excited to sleep on Christmas Eve, Christmas music, Christmas crafts, Christmas cookies, Christmas movies... I could go on and on!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun idea!! Wish we lived closer, we'd come celebrate with you all!! Give everyone a big hug for me. PS--Brock is on facebook? He is getting too old--seems like just yesterday he was a baby :)!!

Angie said...

yes he is on Facebook!!! Can you believe it, he was one of the last in his class to get it! They use it ALL the time!