Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ava's cookie party!!

Last Saturday night Ava had her 3rd annual Cookie Party with her friends from school.  She had 12 of her friends over for the party.  I am SO thankful that my friend Allison came over to help me with the party. Here are some pictures from that fun night!


Here are all of our decorating supplies before the party started.  I put them all on our lazy susan so the girls could just spin them around.  I picked up SO many dropped sprinkles!  I think next year I will just keep them in their shakers instead of putting them in bowls.  Some years I make my own frosting this year I just bought frosting at the store and colored it with food coloring. 


Here are Ava and her friends decorating cookies!  I gave them each 6 to decorate and they had a great time putting frosting and sprinkles on them.  They were SO creative!  As you can tell they were having a great time!



My sister Shelby had one of these fruit bouquets at her Baby Shower.  Ava wanted us to make one for her party.  I'm glad I took pictures of this before the party the girls LOVED it and it was gone in about 10 minutes-ha ha!


Ava and some of her friends holding Marty.  Marty is the daughter of our good friends Dan and Jenn.  Ava calls Marty her "cousin."  I'm glad she was able to come to the party!

I bought this drink server last summer and this was the first time I used it.  The girls loved this cherry limeade punch!  And it was red and green which went along with our Christmas theme.

This is the craft table that Allison ran.  The girls made ornaments and decorated little Christmas trees. 

Here are Ava's finished cookies! I think her Peace Sign cookie is my favorite.  Ava loves anything and everything with a peace sign right now!

The party was crazy but fun!  I think it's a tradition that we will continue every year! 

In other  news I got my tonsils out last Wednesday :(  My throat still really hurts and the doctor said it will take about 2 weeks for me to fully recover so I am taking it easy.  I haven't done anything really except watch tv and movies and drink water and ice chips. 

Hope you are having a good weekend!

1 comments:

CarolinaGirl said...

How fun! I have not been on my blogs in forever! They have gotten so big! I need to have one of these cookie parties for my girls! Happy Holidays!