Sunday, December 5, 2010

A yarn ball wreath

A few weeks ago Tater Tots and Jello posted a tutorial on how to make a beautiful yarn ball wreath.  I thought is was adorable and I immediately thought it would be great for a craft night project.  I was wrong!   I made one as a sample to get ready for craft night and it took forever!  I would say this project took about 5 hours total and a ton of hot glue.  I am really happy with the way it turned out it just took forever!  I prefer craft projects that take less than an hour-ha ha!  I used red, green, lime and silver in my wreath but there are lots of beautiful color combos out in blog land.  I think this idea could also be used for a Valentine's Day wreath or a Spring Wreath.  I bought all of my supplies (except for the yarn which I got at Wal-Mart) at the Dollar Tree. 




  I also had some yarn balls left over so I put some in a bowl in our living room.  I think it looks very festive!


Yesterday Ava had her Cookie Party which was a lot of fun!  You can read about last year's cookie party here. She had 12 friends over so things were a little crazy.  I am SO thankful my friend Allison came over to help me.  We split the girls into 2 groups and she did the craft group and I did the cookie group.  I couldn't have done the party without her help.  Thanks Allison!!  I did take pictures and I will do a post about the party. 

I hope you had a good weekend!

1 comments:

Janna said...

That wreath is really cute! I can't wait to see the pics from the cookie party.