Thursday, December 2, 2010

Our Christmas dining room!

Here are some pictures from our dining room it's all decorated for Christmas!  Since we don't have an eat in kitchen we eat at our dining room table every night.  I usually put a small tree in our dining room but I am trying to keep things simple this year so I don't think I will put it up.   I added a few things to make the room festive for the Christmas season.

I tried a few different ornaments on our chandelier before I found some that I liked.  I got these snowflakes and ribbon at the Dollar Tree.  I think I am going to keep them up all winter. 


Over the weekend I was going through some of my Mom's boxes and I found this red bowl.  I LOVE it!  It reminds me of her so I wanted to use it somewhere in our house this Christmas.  I got the three other vases at yard sales last summer. 

I bought this joy blocks craft kit from etsy at this site.  It came with blocks, paper and vinyl letters the only thing that I had to do was modge podge it together.  I made this one night when my friend Allison came over for a girls night.

My cloche filled with Christmas ornaments!


Here is our centerpiece for right now.  I am trying not to buy anymore decorations for our house so I just got some candles that I had from around our house and put them on  big platter.  I printed off a label from the Graphics Fairy and added some scrapbook paper to some of the candles.  I really like the way it looks!  It looks SO pretty when I have all of the candles lit!

My friend Sabrina got me this little snowman a few years ago. I get it out right after Thanksgiving and leave it out all winter which goes until April in upstate NY-ha ha!

Grandma Jan got me this basket filled with flowers one year for Mother's Day. I love this basket so I always have it in our dining room. I added the vinyl sticker on the front and I changed the arrangement for Christmas. 

I hoped you liked the tour of our dining room!!  I am busy baking cookies for Ava's cookie party which is on Saturday night.  This is our third or fourth year having it and it's a fun tradition!  
Happy Thursday!!  I am SO ready for the weekend! 


3 comments:

AG said...

everything looks so cute! I need new decorations...

Can't wait for the cookie party!

Janna said...

Your house looks so festive! I need to get busy on mine.

Michelle said...

Love that centerpiece!