Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Recipes!

Over the weekend I made a few new recipes that I thought I would share.  Yesterday afternoon I made this corn and potato chowder for dinner.  It was delish!  Brock (who is the most picky eater ever) loved it!  He wants me to make it again this week!


Corn and Potato chowder
1 can fat-free evaporated milk
1 can chicken stock
3 potatoes cut into chunks
1 cup chopped ham
1 can corn (drained)
pour the chicken stock and evaporated milk in a pan add the potatoes and cook on medium heat until the potatoes are tender (about 15-20 minutes)  add the ham and corn and turn on low until warm.  Serves 5
It is such an easy recipe!

My Dad makes the best fudge ever so I tried his recipe and made some chocolate fudge for Christmas today. It is SO good!



The best Chocolate Fudge Ever!
3 cups sugar

3/4 cup butter or margarine (or 1-1/2 sticks)
1 small can (5 oz) evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
1-1/2 pkg. (12 squares) BAKER’s semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped ( I used a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips)
1 jar(7 oz) JET PUFFED marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped walnuts ( I didn't add these but my Dad usually does and it's so good!  My family wouldn't eat it if I added walnuts)
1 tsp vanilla

Heat sugar, butter and evaporated milk to full rolling boil in 3 quart heavy saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil on medium heat until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir in chocolate and marshmallow creme until melted; stir in vanilla and walnuts.

Spread immediately in foil-lined 9 inch square pan. Cool at room temperature at least 4 hours; cut into 1 inch squares. Store in airtight container.

Makes 3 lbs. or 40 2 square servings

Saturday I made Chex Mix, it's SO good! 

Chex Mix-The recipe can be found here or on any box of Chex cereal.  I left out the nuts.  I got some tins at the Dollar store and I am going to give some of this away as little gifts!

I still want to make a few other things this week for Christmas.  Brock, Ava and I are going to make sugar cookies and I am going to get together with my friend Sabrina on Wednesday night and we are going to make cookies and peanut butter fudge.

2 comments:

Barrett said...

Everything looks great. I am so partial to soups and stews this time of year and want to try this one!

Michelle said...

The chowder looks great!!