Sunday, July 17, 2011

Milk Glass

This weekend was busy, busy, busy!  Brock had 3 baseball games, 4 basketball games and Ava had ballet practice and went to a water park with our neighbors.  I spent a little time on Saturday morning at garage sales with Allison and Sabrina.  I got some cute plates, platters and a little table.  I got one milk glass vase and it inspired me to change my whole dining room hutch around on Saturday night. 

I have seen beautiful displays of milk glass that others have done and I wanted to see how my collection would look all in one place.  Here is an  entire website devoted to milkglass.  I just found it tonight and it was very interesting to look through. 

I have gotten every single piece of my milkglass at garage sales.  When I see a piece I always buy it and I've never spent more than $3 an item.  Usually it's $1 or less.  I know  that some of my pieces aren't real milkglass and I'm OK with that.  It's just a fun collection that I like. 




What do you collect?

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

It looks really nice Angie, you have a way of arranging things that is so classy.

C said...

I really love the way this looks, Angie. The white and green really pop. It looks very garden-chic.

C said...

I really love the way this looks, Angie. The white all together and the green really pop. It looks very garden-chic. I am loving lighter, beachy colors lately myself too.

AG said...

I love this! I think it's come together in a collection nicely. Good work!