Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Fun: Baseball and Shake-ups

Sadly my "stay-cation" is coming to an end :(  I go back to work on Tuesday.  Luckily, I love my job so going back to work isn't hard.  I'm actually excited to go back and to get to work on some summer projects, the college students will be back in mid-August!

Last night Brock had a baseball game and after the game I was able to take a couple of pictures of the team.
Most of them were not interested in having their picture taken and  this is the best one I could get. 



I also took one of Brock and his good friend George.  I love these boys and their smelly baseball stuff that is always in my house.


I also am happy to report that I started making homemade lemon shakeups like you get at the fair.  I always go to a stand like this at our summer fair. 


Yesterday I decided to make my own.  I added some sugar (just enough to cover the bottom of the plastic cup), ice, juice from one freshly squeezed lemon and I also added the juiced lemon halves.  Then I poured the ingredients from one cup to another until the sugar was dissolved and then I poured the shake-up to my glass.   Today I ran out of lemons so I used two limes instead.  I think this would also be good with an orange.


Cute lemon shake-up glass from my sister Shelby.   

Have a good Saturday!  I'm off to a baseball game and then to the store to get more lemons :)


1 comments:

Michelle said...

Great pictures!! That shake up looks delish! You'll have to make it when you are here!