Thursday, July 21, 2011

Recipe Time!

It has been hot, hot, hot here.  It's been so hot that Brock's baseball game scheduled for tonight was cancelled due to the extreme heat. 

Yesterday was the second hottest day of the year and Sabrina, Allison and I thought it would be fun to make the jelly recipe that I posted last week.  We sweated like crazy but the jelly was easy to make and 1 recipe made 6 jars so we each got to take home some.  I tried some of the jelly tonight on a piece of toast and it was delish!!  I'm SO going to make this again!


We had these cute little jelly jars that we put our jelly in, I think these would make cute gifts!

I have been going to farm stands to get fresh fruit and vegetables.  Last weekend I got some zucchini and I wasn't sure what to do with it so I looked and found a weight watcher recipe for zucchini fries. The recipe is here. They turned out so good and they were really easy to make!

I buy fresh eggs every week from my friend who has chickens.  Fresh eggs are delicious!!  I have been making Kimba's (A Soft Place to Land) french toast at least once a week for a few months.  Brock and Ava love this french toast!  The recipe can be found here. 

Next week we are going to be traveling to Illinois and Iowa to visit my Dad and my sister Shelby.  We leave on Saturday and can't wait!  Shelby and I want to try to make home made baby food for this little cutie.  

Have you tried any new recipes this week?

0 comments: