Sunday, July 10, 2011

Our weekend!

This weeknd was SO fun!!Friday night Brock, Ava and I went to to spend the night with my mother in law Janice. We never do this because she lives close to us but I'm glad we did because it was a fun night!
 She spent a couple of years renovating a old house in the beautiful village of Cooperstown.  Which is home to the Baseball Hall of Fame and many gorgeous homes. 

I have always admired Janice's decorating which is a  relaxed and casual style. She loves to entertain and she thinks of everything!  When you go to her house you always feel welcomed by her comfortable home.
Here are some pictures from her house.

This is her living room which is right off the kitchen.  I love her corner fireplace!


This is her beautiful kitchen!  She painted the cabinets off white and she just added the copper sink and back splash.  I would LOVE to have this kitchen.  We were getting ready to go shopping when I was taking these pictures and Ava was doing her hair-ha ha!

She is right in town but she has a huge lot.  Here is a view from her back porch.  I love her tall trees and barn.  I will take some pictures of the inside of the barn next time I visit.  She has done that over and it's really nice inside. 

Saturday during the day we went to the mall because Brock  needed to get some new clothes.  The only thing I got was this adorable pillow from Target.  It's going to go on our bed.  I love it!   


Saturday night my friend Inez invited a few of our friends up to her Dad's condo for a girls night to celebrate her birthday and our friend Sabrina's birthday.  We have never done this before but I am SO glad we did. It was nice to get away and talk and visit without or kids and husbands. 
I am so mad a myself we were having so much fun at the condo that I did not take any pictures-uggh!  I did get a few at dinner. 

Inez, Sabrina, Stacie and Alisha

Alisha and me
Here are two of the yummy cocktails that we had during our dinner!

This morning it was back to reality!  I came home and worked around the house.  It is so beautiful out today so this evening I sat on our deck and gave myself a mani/pedi.  I used Essie's Big Spender, this might be my new favorite summer color! 
This week is going to be busy for Brock and Ava.   Ava starts ballet camp and Brock is going to start agility camp (which is basically a running camp that the HS basketball coach sponsors). Have a good week!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Great pictures--looks like you had a great weekend!