Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Things that make me happy!

It has been SO hot and miserable here.  I love summer but this heat and humidity have got to go! I'm having one bad hair day after another-ha ha.
Anyway, I am going to concentrate on the good things instead of the things that are driving me crazy so here are some things that are making me happy today. 

I picked this bunch of flowers from my garden to put on our dining room table. 

Here is a close up of one of the sunflowers.  I planted my sunflowers in a huge pot this year and they are very happy there.  They have been blooming for a couple of weeks now. 


Here is my summer centerpiece.  My poor little succulent in the apothecary jar has seen better days.  I still love the idea of having succulents in jars.  I just bought a new one that I need to plant in this jar.  Hopefully this one will live!

I love these little stem vases I got at Target.  I filled them with flowers from our yard. 

This is another succulent plant I got at Lowe's.  I put it in a silver bowl I got at a garage sale.
I love potted sunflowers.   I bought this one last week and I love it!

This is a table that I got at a yard sale for $10!  I have a ton of tables but this one was so cheap and in such good condition I couldn't pass it up.  This is an in-progress project.  Last weekend I spray painted it turquoise  This weekend I  want to put our monogram on it or paint some chevron stripes...or do both!  I haven't decided yet. 
I really want to be more organized so I bought this book on Amazon yesterday.  I can't wait to read it.


I also saw this idea on the Real Simple website and I thought it was great. This is a snack station for your fridge.  So when you or your kids need a snack they can go into this container and get a quick snack.  I am going to make one of these for us this week. 

 What is making you happy today?

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

The flowers look great..you had to tease me with the sunflowers :). I think you should do chevron stripes on your table. No offense, but the last thing in the world I would enjoy reading is a book about organization :( But you will love it.

AG said...

the flowers are pretty!

I should write a book about organization. haha!

Michelle said...

Those are beautiful flowers Ang! I like the idea about a snack area for the kids and you--that would be easy to grab in the morning! What makes me happy? The fact that you all are coming to visit in less than two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!