Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Split

This morning before I took Brock and Ava to school we went and voted. I thought there was going to be a long line so we left the house super early (OK, we left at 7:45 but that is super early for us!)

Anyway, Graig and I have known for months that we are going to vote for Obama, we love him so much that we have had an Obama sign in our front yard since the beginning of the summer!

At dinner last night we were talking about the election and Brock and Ava have an "election" in their classrooms today at school. Who are they voting for...McCain!! I can't believe it...we are a house divided!!

In other exciting news Ava got up this morning and did her splits! She has been practicing them for months in her dance and gymnastics classes. She is so happy!! She did about 50 this morning before we left to go vote. I will post a picture of her doing them when I get home tonight.

7 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

How funny, you are a house divided. I love it! :) You asked about my cookies and icing...I simply made it myself with powdered sugar and milk. Easy! :)
Carrie

C said...

Uh oh, your children will have to be reigned in. Sam has long had the mantra that Obama is a good guy and McCain is a mean guy. As long as Brock and Ava don't supress the votes of the other kids, we'll be ok. Tee Hee. :>

The Mrs. said...

Okay I could never do a split ever!!! Lucky girl. I am so excited Obama won!!!

amy (metz) walker said...

Hi Angie, thanks for your post on my blog! I really appreciate all viewpoints and opinions and I'm a big believer that no one has is just right...so I can always learn!

Thanks again for being willing to share your reasons why!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

How funny! At least they are thinking for themselves. Or doing what their friends are doing? Yay for team Obama!! I'm beyond thrilled!!

Old Friends and New Shoes said...

Thanks for following my blog! I left you a little award.. Come stop by and pick it up!!

Ann said...

Too funny. I love talking polotics with my daughter. She surprises me with how much she understands about the issues and people. She actually told me she was surprised because so many of her hispanic classmates were Obama supporters since the majority of Hispanics tend to be Catholic wouldn't they naturally lean towards McCain.

Got my package. Love it! Loved the card too! Thanks again for the great giveaway.