Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend update and urgent prayer request!

This weekend was our town's Christmas Parade. Ava was in the parade with her dance studio, She threw out little candy canes, she looked so cute in her Dalmatian costume from last year's recital. The girls were suppose to take off their jackets but it was way too cold so they left them on. My friend Abby took this picture of her. Thanks Abby!
This picture is from my craft night with my friend Sabrina. While we crafted Ava was "babysitting" Eliza.

I love this picture of Eliza with Sabrina's sweet tea.


This morning I made Brock's favorite-Monkey Bread! The recipe is listed below, it's super easy and so good! This is one of the first recipe's I got when I first got married. Graig and I would get together with our friends Scott and Erin (who got married the same summer that we did) and play Euchre ( a really fun card game) and eat Monkey Bread. Erin gave me the recipe and every time we eat it I think of them.

Here is the recipe

4 cans refrigerator biscuits (about 40)

1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon

1/2 cup butter

1 cup white sugar

Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.

Pour sugar and cinnamon into a plastic bag and mix. (this is in addition to the sugar/cinnamon listed above)
Add biscuit pieces, several at a time; shake to coat well.
Place pieces in a buttered tube or Bundt pan
Bring brown sugar and butter to a boil in saucepan. Cool , then pour over top of biscuits.
Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool before you flip the pan over onto a serving plate

This afternoon I heard that Fern ,who is like a Grandma to me, is in the hospital with ovarian cancer. She went in last week because she complained of a stomach ache. The doctors say the cancer is in her ovaries, stomach and lungs. Fern's daughter, Judy, called me to tell me the news. Fern lived next to me when I was growing up, she babysat for my sister and I and since our Grandma lived in Florida, Fern was like a Grandma to us. We have always been so close with her. I called her tonight to talk with her and she sounds so weak. I may be leaving in a few days to go to Illinois to be with her. Please pray for Fern and her family, they really need your prayers tonight.

1 comments:

Katie Ryan said...

I'm so sorry. She will most definitely be in my prayers.