Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hello Friends!

This past week has been a blur, I have been busy, the kids have been busy, Graig has been busy. I feel like I haven't had time to catch my breath. This past weekend I coordinated a conference for the freshman and sophomore students called Emerging Leaders. I have been planning this conference all semester so I was finally glad to see it come together. I took about 50 pictures of the Emerging Leaders throughout the weekend, on Sunday I spent the day relaxing and Brock was making videos with my camera. He ERASED all of my pictures from the conference!! He didn't do it on purpose but I was so upset, I have no pictures for publicity for next year's Emerging Leaders or for our school website


Brock is playing on 3 basketball teams! I can't believe that Graig signed him up for 3 teams. Brock loves basketball and it should be fun to travel around and watch him play this winter, but I think 3 teams is a bit much! His first game is Saturday, we will all be there to cheer him on!! Last night (because today is a holiday) Brock had his friend Jordan spend the night after basketball practice. They spent all night in the basement playing Wii.

Ava is busy rehearsing for her winter recital. One of the songs is called "I'll be home for Christmas." In the song Ava plays the "daughter" of a female solider that is in Iraq. The song is about the Mom's dream of being home with her little girl at Christmas. When her dance teacher told me about it, I started crying right in the dance studio (she probably thinks I'm nuts!) Her dance recital is the first week in December, I can't wait to go watch her perform!

On Sunday, Ava and I watched the best movie, it was called Kit Kittredge, An American Girl. It is all about Kit who grows up during the depression. It was such a great movie about this important time in our history. I bawled my eyes out during the movie because it talked about what families did to survive the depression. The kids were so cute in the movie and Ava loved Kit who was the character based on the American Girl Doll, Kit. Now guess what Ava wants for Christmas...Kit.

5 comments:

Always Organizing said...

So sorry to hear about your pictures!! Was anyone else at the conference taking any pictures that you can copy? So frustrating.

P*P*P said...

Hi!!! Thanks for the comment on my blog! I am so excited about being swap partners! Is there an email address where I can send you a message other than on here!? Mine is ACSmithP33@gmail.com if you'd like to send it there! :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh, I think the American Girl dolls are so sweet! Certainly didn't have those when I was a kid! I am hoping my daughter will get into them when she is older, but I have a few years before she will "get it." I want her to be into it now! :)
Carrie

Ann said...

We have Kit, she's adorable. Haven't seen the movie though. Kind of sad, Lolly is right at the age where she's getting too old for all her AG dolls. Aha they grow so fast!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I loved reading American Girl books when I was little. Sorry to hear about your pictures--what a disappointment. I secretly want a Wii for Christmas. For some reason I am afraid to ask for it because I'm not sure how much I would really play it. It looks like so much fun!