Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday turkey

Tonight Ava and I went grocery shopping and we got our Thanksgiving Turkey! Actually, it's just going to be the four of us plus probably Grandma Jan so we got just the Butterball Breast. It's so delicious! I can't wait to cook it!
Even though we are having a small Thanksgiving I still want to make our table and house look pretty for Turkey Day! I have been getting some good ideas on line. I love this idea, I would love to put these candles in front of each place setting. Aren't they cute?This basket of fall goodness just says Thanksgiving to me. I am going to make something like this for our house over the weekend. I love these place cards from Martha Stewart. You can download them here. I would love to have our Thanksgiving table look like this.

We went to Wal-Mart tonight for grocery shopping and I was a little annoyed because they have all the Christmas stuff out and they have almost nothing for Thanksgiving, everything is switched over to Christmas already. I love fall decorations. I wanted to get some pretty bowls in fall colors and a few other things for Thanksgiving.

Brock and Ava don't like Thanksgiving food, they are so weird! So since we aren't having a lot of people this year I am going to let them pick out whatever they want to eat on Thanksgiving day. The only thing is what they pick out to eat, they have to make! It will be fun to see what they come up with! Don't worry, Graig, Grandma Jan and I will be chowing down on turkey and all the sides!

7 comments:

AG said...

cute thanksgiving table. I can't wait to host a thanksgiving dinner.

Anonymous said...

Very cute ideas & decor! And a great idea about letting the kids eat what they want as long as they make it! I have a 10, 8 & 3 year old & they never want what the adults eat either! Thanks for the good idea!

Sandy said...

I agree, all the Christmas stuff out takes away from enjoying TG! Pretty table!

C said...

You're so funny. You make me think of pumpkins and spice and everything nic...oh, crap, wrong blog. I take that all back.
Enjoy trying to copy Martha. I trust you with that.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

How can they not like Thanksgiving food? Stuffing is God's gift to food! :)
Carrie

amy (metz) walker said...

Those little pumpkin candles are the CUTEST. That's an idea that looks so easy I can probably even do it!

CarolinaGirl said...

Love the pumpkin candle holders, and for Christmas you can use apples :)