Friday, February 19, 2016

Invention of wings and micro greens

Graig and Ava went to Syracuse for
basketball games and I have spent a wonderful morning at home alone.  It's been heavenly.  I did some stuff around the house and I got into reading my bookclub book for this month.  I can't put it down!  It's so good.  It's called The Invention of Wings



This afternoon I went to a cooking class at a local garden center.  Taking cooking classes is on my 40x41 list and I was thrilled to find one so close to my house!
It was called "cooking with Microgreens."
Microgreens are tiny plants with tons and tons of nutrients.  I learned a lot and bought some seeds to make my own Microgreens at home! I planted them as soon as I got home :-) 


They made us three meals using Microgreens-breakfast, lunch and dinner and gave us a small sample of each. Here was the dinner- it was black beans in a corn tortilla with feta. it was so good!!


I went with my friends Jenn and Barb. It got up to almost 60 degrees today which is a big treat for us for February!



I bought this make your own terrarium kit and put it together when I got home. In April our craft night is make your own terrarium and I think we are going to use these kits because they are so easy!



I got enough succulents today to fill up another terrarium I had. I love planting things and watching them grow :-)


Hope you had a great Saturday!
Xoxo




0 comments: