Thursday, January 7, 2016

40x41


I'm turning 40 tomorrow!  I can't believe it I always thought 40 was SO old but now I don't think it's old at all ;)
I've made a list of all the things I'd like to do before I'm 41.  I'm putting these on my blog to keep me accountable.  I'll report on my progress throughout the year.  I hope 40 is my best year yet!

Family goals
1.  Take kids to beach
2.  Learn about investing
3.  Make memory books for 2014 and 2015
4.  Have Sunday brunch at Otesaga with Graig
5.  Save  $XXX per month (Graig will be thrilled!)
6.  Get a state parks pass for the summer
7.  Make a photo memory book for Brock's senior year
8.  Explore Western NY with Brock
9.  Buy a tent and take kids camping
10. Visit Illinois
11. Visit Ausable Chasm and Vroman's nose
12. Explore NYC

Personal Goals

12.  Make a new dish every week
13.  Take 3 cooking classes
14.  Organize our house from top to bottom
15.  Read two books a month (including our book club book!  I'm always hurrying to finish those!)
16.  Hike in the Catskills and Adirondacks
17.  Plant a bigger vegetable garden
18.  Plant two rose bushes
19.  Make Disney ornaments for 2014, 2015 and 2016
20.  Organize our digital photos
21.  Run 3x per week
22.  Run a 1/2 marathon
23.  Learn how to make a fabulous signature dish
24.  Have hanging baskets that last all summer
25.  Go to farmers makers every Saturday and learn to make yummy vegetable side dishes

Friends
26.  Go on a fabulous spring break trip to Florida with my besties
27.  Coordinate a monthly bunco group for friends with my bestie Rachael (starting in Feb-yay!!)
28.  Organize monthly craft nights/kids crafts with my bestie Rachael at Green Earth (already started!)
29.  Host a fancy party for our couple friends
30.  Go on a wine tour with friends
31.  Watch the fireworks every Thursday at the CC with friends and our kids
32.  Go to Brimfield or Country Living Fair with bestie Sabrina
33.  Host a clothing/home decor  swap for friends
34.  Host a fondue party for friends

Professional/Volunteer commitments 
 35. Schedule a reunion for fraternity/sorority alumni
36.  Get Fittour certs for the YMCA
37.  Attend national conference for work
38.  Go to a flower and garden show in NY or PA
39.  Host a fraternity/sorority alumni event on campus
40.  Organize floral design worship for Garden Club 


0 comments: