Thursday, April 6, 2017

Friday Favorites

Today I am linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea to share my Friday favorites.  I am  happy it's Friday!  This is a weekend with a good balance of fun and work and of family time and friend time.  I love weekends like this! They are the best kind of weekend ❤



1-I have been living podcasts lately. I listen to them all the time especially when I'm in my car or doing things around the house.  

 

My five favorites are: 

Happier with Gretchen Rubin- this was the first podcast I ever listened too in the summer of 2015.  This podcast is about The study of happiness.  Each episode talks about a different way to make your life happier.  Two sisters Gretchen and Liz, do the podcast together every week and they share their tips and struggles with making their lives happier.  

Sword and Scale-is a fascinating true crime podcast.  Each episode features a different crime.  It’s the purest form of true-crime where nothing is off the table.  Everything from 911 calls to court testimony, interviews with victims and sometimes with perpetrators give listeners a 360 degree look at the entire story. 

Lore is a bi-weekly podcast about true life scary stories.  The people, places, and things of our darkest nightmares all have real facts at their core.  

Slow Flowers-is a movement in the floral industry to use domestically grown  local flowers. Each week Debra Prinzing has a different guest on her show to talk all things related to flowers. Slow Flowers is  also a book written by Debra from a DIY floral designer's point of view, to inspire anyone to go green and make a beautiful bouquet with what's at hand, no matter the season. 

Happy hour with Jamie Ivey-each week Jamie has a different girlfriend on and their talk about anything and everything.  I just started listening to this and I love it.  It's a fun podcast!

2-I found some cute things for summer at Wally World (Wal-Mart)  this week.  

I got 4 of these pineapple pillows for the covered porch in our new house.  I love pineapples and I thought these were so cute!

 
I also got this metal planter/utensil holder. I think I'm going to use it to plant herbs.  So fun!   

 

3-I also planted a couple succulents this week.  I can't wait to plant flowers outside but it's still too early to plant in NY.    I got the first two at Wal-Mart.  Sometimes they  have the best succulents!

 

 

I took apart the bracelet I made for last weekend and put the little succulents from that into a pot so they will grow. 

Here's a picture of the bracelet I made. 

 

And here are the little succulents in their new home.

 

I also put together a little succulent propagation dish to help new succulents grow.  I already have a couple of new ones that have started growing!  

 

4-My friend Rachael and I have three fun events that we are planning this summer with our craft business Branch and Bloom. We've had a lot of fun planning these events. 

 

On May 13 we are hosting a Farm Retreat.  We are going to spend a day on our friend Jenn's farm.  Jenn will lead us in two yoga classes-one flow and we will end our day with a gentle yin, we will also have a farm lunch featuring local, fresh ingredients and we will make windowsill herb gardens.

On June 9 we are hosting a Plant and Poseat  Jenn's farm.  We will plant succulents in hypertufa planters and Jenn will lead a lunar flow yoga class. 

On July 13 we are hosting a Monogramned Wine Glass Craft Night  at the B-Side.  At this class we will be making a set of 4 stemless monogrammed wine glasses.  Participants will also get a free glass of draft beer, house wine, Awestruck cider or soda.  

5-This weekend G and I are going to do some work around our house to get it ready for our baseball tenants.  My big job this weekend is to touch up the white trim in our house.

 

I hope you have a great weekend!
Xoxo

0 comments: