Thursday, April 6, 2017

Life lately

Here's a little peek into our life lately......


Brock called us on Saturday with BIG  news.  He got offered a  full time/permanent job in IT-support for an insurance agency.   He has been doing this job in a temp  position since the fall.  In this new position he gets full benefits including a 401k and insurance. His work hours are 6:30am-2:30pm.  His plan is to work full time and  take late afternoon/evening classes at Arizona State in the fall.  

 

Ava had her end of the year basketball banquet.  She had a great time playing this year and she's already started playing  AAU basketball.  She'll play all spring and summer and she's thrilled!  She loves basketball!


 
 

Sunday I did a 5k (we walked!) with my friends L and T to support SADD (students against destructive decisions).  It was a beautiful day for a walk.

 

Then later on Sunday my dear friend Amy invited me to go to a fundraiser with her to support Hospice.  It was an Epicurian festival and there were about 30 restaurants there with food samples.  I've gone to this event for the past 5 years and it's always fun!  In addition to the wonderful  food there is wine tasting and a silent auction. This year I won one of the baskets in the silent auction! I won a liquor gift basket filled with glasses, mixers and mini bottles of alcohol.   

 
Amy's daughter (and Ava's bff) Avery went with us and our friend Shannon came too. 

 

We sat at at a table with Amy's co-workers which was fun. It was a beautiful day so we took a picture on the veranda.

 

G has been working so hard to get our house ready for the summer baseball renters. In about a month we are moving to our rental house for the summer!  This weekend we are hoping to get a lot of organizing and cleaning done at our house to make our upcoming move less stressful.

 

At the end April I am going to have a brunch for all my friends so they can see our new house.  We are also going to do a paint and sip at the brunch.  My friend Lauren is going to teach us how to make this painting.  We will add our name or monogram to the middle.  She sent me this sample.  I love it! 

 

This week at work has been busy.  It's Greek Week!  We've had some fun events this week including cake decorating which was new this year.  Tonight we wrap up the week with Greek Sing.

 

That's a little look into our life lately.  I hope you've had a great week!

Xoxo

0 comments: