Thursday, January 12, 2017

40x42

So tomorrow I am turning the big 4-1!!!  Last year I organized a list of things that I wanted to accomplish this year so I thought I would give you a little update on my progress.  I made great progress in some areas but some things not so much and honestly a lot of the things I forgot to do all together!  So  I am hoping to complete this list by the time I'm 42.  I have a whole year to check everything off.  I'm going to post a monthly progress report so you know how I'm doing :)  I hope 41 is my best year yet!!




Family goals
1.  Take kids to beach-Brock and I went to Daytona Beach for a few days I am hoping we can all go this year!
2.  Learn about investing-I still have SO much to learn!
3.  Make memory books for 2014 and 2015-DONE
4.  Have Sunday brunch at Otesaga with Graig-need to make this happen this year!
5.  Save  $XXX per month (Graig will be thrilled!) DONE!
6.  Get a state parks pass for the summer-I need this we spend SO much time at state parks it will pay for itself!
7.  Make a photo memory book for Brock's senior year-DONE!
8.  Explore Arizona with Brock-It will be SO hot but we need to plan a summer trip!
9.  Buy a tent and take kids camping-another one I want to do this summer!
10. Visit Illinois-DONE! I visited in March 2016
11. Visit Ausable Chasm and Vroman's nose- 1/2 done I went to Vromans nose I need to get to Ausable Chasm in 2017!
12. Explore NYC-we went twice this year! But there is still so much I want to explore

Personal Goals

12.  Make a new dish every week-I need to work on this!
13.  Take 3 cooking classes-I took two bread classes and learned how to make spanikopta so this one is DONE!
14.  Organize our house from top to bottom-always a work in progress!
15.  Read two books a month (including our book club book!  I'm always hurrying to finish those!)-DONE!  I hope to read more in 2017
16.  Hike in the Catskills and Adirondacks-I hiked in the Catskills I need to get up to the Adirondacks this summer
17.  Plant a bigger vegetable garden
18.  Plant two rose bushes
19.  Make Disney ornaments for 2014, 2015 and 2016-DONE!
20.  Organize our digital photos
21.  Run 3x per week-always a work in progress but so far I'm doing good in 2017!
22.  Run a 1/2 marathon-planning on the Empire State 1/2 in the fall
23.  Learn how to make a fabulous signature dish DONE!  I mastered penne alla vodka this year.  I have made it for our family, friends and as a baby supper for friends that have new babies and it's a hit!
24.  Have hanging baskets that last all summer DONE!
25.  Go to farmers makers every Saturday and learn to make yummy vegetable side dishes DONE!  I hope to learn to make even more this summer.  

Friends
26.  Go on a fabulous spring break trip to Florida with my besties  DONE!
27.  Coordinate a monthly bunco group for friends DONE!  
28.  Organize monthly craft night withe Rachael at Green Earth DONE!
29.  Host a fancy party for our couple friends DONE!  I'll count our tree open house for this.  It wasn't fancy but we had over 200 people at our open house!
30.  Go on a wine tour with friends DONE!  so fun!
31.  Watch the fireworks every Thursday at the CC with friends and our kids-this needs to happen more next summer!
32.  Go to Brimfield or Country Living Fair with Sabrina-DONE!
33.  Host a clothing/home decor  swap for friends I need to do this!  It would be so fun!
34.  Host a fondue party for friends this needs to happen this year!

Professional/Volunteer commitments 
 35. Schedule a reunion for fraternity/sorority alumni DONE!
36.  Get Fittour certs for the YMCA Working on these.  I do tons of trainings through the Y which I love.
37.  Attend national conference for work in progress!  I am hoping I can get to one this year!
38.  Go to a flower and garden show in NY or PA hoping to get to one this year
39.  Host a fraternity/sorority alumni event on campus DONE!
40.  Organize floral design worship for Garden Club DONE!



I got a good start this year and this year I'll keep you updated on my progress throughout the year.  
Xoxo


0 comments: