Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Our weekend

This weekend was the perfect weekend it was a balance of fun and work and friend time and family time.  It was a great weekend!!!


Friday was G's birthday!  He doesn't like to make a big fuss over his birthday and he wanted dinner at home so that's exactly what we did.  We had a quiet dinner at home before we went to Ava's basketball game. 

 

Friday night Ava had a game.  I always love watching her play.  She plays her heart out each and every game.    Her team played a tough team and they lost :-(. Ava's friend M took some pics of her during the game.  I am so grateful to her because she captures some great shots ❤๐Ÿ€

 

 

Saturday I woke up bright and early to go snow tubing with my friends for my annual joint birthday party with my dear friend Jenni.  This is our fourth year doing a joint party.  The first year went  bowling, the second year we went to a trampoline park, last year we had a fabulous 40th birthday trip to Cooperstown and this year we went snow tubing at Hunter mountain.

Here's a collage from previous years ❤
 

And here we are this year๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ❤. Don't mind my sweaty head ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. We took this pic after tubing and it was quite a warm day on the slopes-50 degrees.  

 

Here we are on top of the mountain ready to tube.  As you can see there was NO snow so thankfully they make their own. 

 

Anne (our exchange student from Denmark) came with me and she skied while we went tubing.  Sadly Ava couldn't go she had basketball practice in the morning and then a game in the afternoon. 

 

We had lunch in the lodge and then headed home. It was a gorgeous day!

 

We raced home after lunch so I could get to Ava's basketball game at 4.  She played good and her team won!  Yay!!!!!!!!

 

 

Sunday I went to see The movie Jackie with some friends.  I'm trying to see all the movies that were  nominated for an Oscar. The movie was done very artistically and focused on Jackie during the first few days  after the assasination.  It was tragically sad.  Honestly I didn't love the movie but Natalie Portman was fantastic in her role as Jackie  I was happy to hear this morning that she was nominated for an Oscar!

 

After the movie I raced over to our new (tiny) house and helped G clean up a bit because we have tenants moving in on Saturday for three months.  

We bought a new sectional for the tiny house and I love it!

 

 
Here's a picture of the kitchen.  I adore the white cabinets.

 
 

Our plan is to move into the tiny house in May and rent our house out as a baseball rental in the summer.  We already have 11 out of 12 weeks booked-yay!!!  We would like to stay in the tiny house next year while Ava is abroad since its in town and so much closer to our work.  I'm praying our current house gets rented for next year so we can live at the tiny house.  

I hope you had a great weekend.
Xoxo 

0 comments: